Daystar Power Group is a pan-African provider of solar power solutions, offering its systems on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), fixed monthly fee lease or buy-out basis. All our solutions are accompanied by comprehensive maintenance services, to ensure the solutions run 365 days a year.
The firm is currently operational in Ghana and Nigeria and is looking to engage competent and experienced Project Engineers to execute projects in Nigeria.
- Project Management
- Develops a project plan to execute a sales contract
- Design and plan solar power installations;
- Leads the supply chain process to order parts internationally and locally
- Leads and trains the solar installers
- Conduct quality assurance of technical installations of both Daybreak Power’s team as well as the installations of our technical partners;
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the installations of solar power solutions;
- Trains client on how to operate and optimally use the system
- Field Service
- Resolves site issues remotely and through site visits
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Develop standard operating procedures and HSE standards for solar installation work.
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet the objectives of Daybreak Power Solutions Limited in Nigeria;
- Introduce best-engineering practices in the company to ensure it is at the forefront of innovation and good management practices
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector;
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferably Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical
- Must be proud of your work, take ownership, and be passionate about quality of workmanship
- Must have prior experience installing AC coupled solar systems, Battery inverters, and generators
- At least 3 years (5 years for Engineering Manager) of Engineering experience in the solar industry
- PMP Certificate a plus
- Work well in a team environment & have good communication skills
- French language proficiency is an advantage
- Flexible to travel domestically and Internationally
Approximately 30% of time shall be spent in an office environment. The remaining time shall be spent in the field.
The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
This position may have Solar technicians directly report to them.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast growing company.