A roadmap to advance Environmental, social and Governance (ESG) priorities has been put together for the listed entities on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM).
This roadmap comes with a promise to aid Dubai’s plans to become the region’s leading sustainable financial market by 2025.
The blueprint “Sustainability Strategic Plan 2025” is in line with Dubai’s trade endeavors to advance ESG best practice among PLCs and different equity partners.
The plan is hinged on the following fundamentals:
1.Sustainability Reporting and Disclosures;
2. Sustainable Investment Education;
3. Green Products and Listings;
4. Gender Balance and Empowering People.
These have been mapped out as the four (4) critical pillars in line with the objective to solidify Dubai’s position as a regional investment hub and contribute to the UAE’s agenda for sustainable development.
To implement the strategy, a high-level sustainability committee has been setup with the following key responsibilities:
1. Create awareness of ESG practices among local and regional investors.
2. Embed sustainability policy and processes across the Dubai Financial Market’s operations.
3. Ensure long-term corporate survival of the market.
4. Conduct material risk mapping, along with environmental and social development initiatives.
5. Launch initiatives to promote the importance of ESG investing and
6. Encourage listed firms to adopt ESG reporting practices.
The Dubai Financial Market leaders assure that these factors will be beneficial in aiding:
1. Adopters’ ability to attract investments
2. Access to finance
3. New markets and products
4. Robust sustainable governance practices.
DFM is prioritising these plans and programs (sustainability and environmental protection) as a commitment to align efforts with Dubai’s Sustainability and green economy drive.
Source: Halal Reports