The role will support the development, implementation and maintenance of Emirates’ environmental sustainability framework, including management systems, processes and documentation. The candidate will work with business units to identify opportunities, implement best practice, and establish monitoring and reporting. Providing specialist environmental sustainability advice to business units is a core expectation for the role.
- Develop and implement environmental management system processes and documentation.
- Lead cooperation with business units to identify environmental risks and opportunities, develop action plans, and implement monitoring and reporting processes.
- Manage and refine environmental reporting for the Emirates Group Annual Report.
- Provide specialist advice and analysis on matters related to international and local environmental regulations, compliance, and best practice. Monitor and analyse environmental policy developments and advise management on the impacts on Emirates’ interests.
- Develop internal communications and training materials in conjunction with communications and learning & development specialists.
- Identify, build and maintain productive internal and external relationships to support the achievement of business outcomes, including with government and industry bodies both within the UAE and internationally.
- Manage compliance processes for specific regulatory obligations.
- Develop Emirates’ policy positions on environmental sustainability issues and prepare fact-based arguments and commentary for advocacy documents.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a subject related to environmental management, sustainability, environmental science, or engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience of working in environmental affairs, environmental management, or sustainability.
- Technical and political understanding of local and global environmental issues.
- Experience in the design and implementation of environmental management systems, e.g. ISO 14001.
- Experience in undertaking greenhouse gas inventories and environmental reporting.
- Technical knowledge of climate change and carbon emissions mitigation in an aviation context would be an advantage.
- Experience in project management and risk management.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.