Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development(CENGSSUD) is seeking exceptional candidates to join as Sustainability Interns.
These persons will be part of a highly collaborative team responsible for researching and developing a plan for an enhanced sustainability programs, initiatives, projects and opportunities.
Given CENGSSUD’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and creating sustainable solutions, it is an exciting and dynamic time to contribute as we seek to expand on our efforts. The role requires persons with a sustainable development, environmental, CSR, etc. backgrounds and experience in the corporate environment, who is also an energetic self-starter and highly collaborative individual.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Identify sustainability issues, concerns, and stakeholder interests in relevant capacities
- Research on sustainable initiatives, solutions, projects etc along with policies needed to achieve long-term sustainability
- Collect and analyze information on best practices in our industry and across other industries
- Develop a robust library of resources to aid in educating others at the organisation
- Create a proposal for our sustainability strategy, including potential programs, initiatives, engagement opportunities and partnerships
- Coordinate with various teams to design plans for environmental impact reduction
- Support key business partners in understanding the impact of potential sustainability efforts, including but not limited to Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG, Strategic Sourcing, Premises, Information Technology, Global Administration, and more
- DATA MANAGEMENT
- Establish framework for monitoring overall sustainability goals and achieving them with targets
- Assist in the design of financial analysis and modeling, conducting due diligence, and creating deliverables to quantify impact of sustainability efforts
- Determine key metrics to use in reporting
- Create sustainability databases
Skills & Experience Required
- A graduate in the sustainable development, environmental management/science, and any other relevant fields can apply
- Demonstrated commitment to the environment; content knowledge around CSR and sustainability
- Good research skills (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Understanding of corporate ESG issues including energy, greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste, Labour, health, safety, governance, SDGs etc.
- Excellent judgment; ability to prioritize work, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Innovative and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong work ethic, action-oriented, and highly collaborative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
What you will achieve!
- Through our Sustainability Academy, we shall train you in wide area of Corporate Sustainability topics/courses and get certificates
- Opportunity to learn practical Sustainability Advisory/Consulting skills from our Advisors
- Ability to engage in our projects and get remunerations
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally with our sustainability Advisory and Academy team
- Ability to get quality and career impacting resources from the pool of our sustainability library
- Ability to get permanent job with us if shown commitment, capacity, dedication and drive performance/results.
- And many more rewarding opportunities
Interested applicant should click the Apply button below to fill the application form and submit your CV. Male and female can apply.