The energy system of West Africa is facing interrelated challenges of sustainable energy access, energy security and climate change mitigation and adaptation. Principal among the energy challenges of sustainable energy access are the widespread and unsustainable production and utilization of traditional biomass (firewood and charcoal). This high dependence of the populations on the traditional biomass use continues to contribute to smoke-related health problems, deforestation and desertification and thereby affecting production and security. In response to some of these challenges, ECREEE developed a Regional Bioenergy Strategy and a Policy to reduce the heavy dependence of the increasing populations on traditional use of biomass and works with its partners to domesticate the regional policy in each country by assisting member states in developing their National Bioenergy Action Plans (NBEAPs).
In this context, ECREEE intends to recruit a national consultant to collaborate with the Ministry in charge of Energy in Sierra Leone to assist the Member States in developing their National Bioenergy Action Plans (NBEAP), to ensure that the objectives are successfully achieved.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
• Proposals, both technical and financial, should be submitted by email to ONLY email@example.com, clearly indicating in the subject : «DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONAL BIOENERGY ACTION PLAN FOR SIERRA LEONE» ;
• For additional information or request for clarification, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Proposals should not be submitted on ZIP format or exceed 10MB (total attachment per email)
• Financial proposal should be submitted in United States Dollars
• THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS IS THE 27 MARCH 2020, 23H00 UTC-1.