KPMG UK is seeking support in the growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’) and non-financial information assurance business. This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior manager to join the team and assist in providing assurance services to large corporate companies across different topics in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100.
These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay-gap, responsible investing and other non-financial information. The senior manager will be responsible for managing these assurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. He/She will also have the opportunity to provide ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
Description of the role
You will work with directors and partners to lead sustainability/ESG assurance and reporting advice on specific clients. You will take responsibility for all aspects of the end to end engagement process, including: working to agree timetables, agreeing fees, overseeing the scope of work and deliverables, the quality of the testing and assurance fieldwork, preparing the final reporting and being responsible for coaching the team.
Leadership and Management
•Complete the second review of the documentation on the assurance file in line with KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
•Manage engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410 or equivalent.
• Review final client reporting for final review by the director/partner.
• Coach manager and oversee work performed by the rest of the team.
Stakeholder Interaction and Challenges
• Juggle multiple sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Oversee engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Own and strengthen client relationships.
Impact, Risk, Accountability and Governance
• Take responsibility for supporting the director/partner in identifying and pursuing new assurance opportunities. Build your own business network, both internally and externally
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Be responsible for engagement finances and budgeting
• Develop and improve the standardised Assurance workprogrammes
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
• Experience (minimum 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering and managing sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410
• Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experienced in review and development of audit/Assurance working papers.
• A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree
• Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
Expertise/ technical role requirements
• Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
• An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Self-driven and resilient.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.