Interested in understanding disaster risk management (DRM) concepts and approaches?
If yes, then this free World Bank course is for you!
- The concept of gender, and how gender roles can affect women and men’s risk and resilience to natural hazards;
- How women and men manage, respond and experience disasters differently due to gender roles and gender inequalities;
- How these differences should be addressed in DRM projects to ensure that women and men benefit equally from them.
- Approaches to better design projects to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment, and
- Case studies that shows how gender equality and women’s empowerment looks like in practice.