Are you looking for an opportunity to help Canadian corporations drive their ESG strategies forward?
Deloitte’s established ESG practice thrives to grow, innovate, and offer quality and insights to our clients. They are looking for a technically strong, experience and motivated Manager, who wants to be part of this business that is constantly setting standards.
Managers work with Partners, Directors and Senior Managers to lead the practice and deliver client engagement through managing diverse projects with multi-disciplinary and integrated teams, managing client and key stakeholder’s expectations and leading the development and presentation of materials to clients and the broader marketplace. They also lead business development and develop new service offerings and thought leadership initiatives.
About the team
The Canadian practice brings people together through a truly National presence and has a diverse range of skills. You will work with people who have a broad range of skills and qualifications – accountants, engineers, scientists, management consultants and industry specialists. You will have the opportunity to work on strategy advisory, assurance and management system projects in a broad array of sectors including retail and consumer businesses, energy and resources, financial services and the public sectors. Some examples of ESG services include: ESG/Responsible Investment strategy and policy development; ESG investment advisory; climate risk analysis and disclosure; carbon baseline development; portfolio target setting; carbon neutral strategy; and social performance improvement.
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- 6+ years of experience in ESG, including 2+ years of experience in a professional services environment leading the delivery of consulting engagements
- Preferably some experience with ESG in financial institutions including: banks; insurance; private equity; pensions; etc.
- Relevant work experience in ESG including: use of related frameworks (GRI, SASB, TCFD, PCAF, SDGs; etc.); developing carbon inventories and reduction strategies including establishing targets; supporting business case and application of related ESG frameworks / standards
- Ideal experience includes ESG strategy and implementation, impact measurement, assessment of policies, programs and management systems, assurance over sustainability-related data and greenhouse gas emission verification.
- Experience in assessments of ESG risks and opportunities as related to investor expectations, ESG analyst reports and other related ESG disclosures and experience with supporting ESG assurance projects and/ or leading ESG assurance engagements
- Experience with project management including budget monitoring/ analysis, status reporting, and issue management
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. They do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours!