Wilmar International is a leading global producer, processor and merchandiser of palm oil and lauric oils. The company currently has operations in over 20 countries and on 4 continents. As a leading agribusiness group, Wilmar recognises that they have a fundamental role to play in developing quality products required by the world while ensuring responsible and sustainable manner of production. They adopt a holistic approach to sustainability that is fully integrated with their business model. Guided by the philosophy that the business must enhance stakeholder value while minimizing environmental footprint, business practices are aligned with universally acceptable social and environmental standards. Wilmar’s No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation (NDPE) Policy underpins the aspiration to make a positive impact and drive transformation across the palm oil industry.
Biase Plantations Limited (BPL) and Eyop Industries Limited (EIL) are two subsidiaries of Wilmar in the Cross River State that are into oil palm plantation establishment and management as well as the milling of crude palm oil and palm kernel oil.
Wilmar is currently recruiting for the position of Sustainability Manager – West Africa to be based in its plantations in Nigeria.
The Sustainability Manager will provide strategic and technical leadership for all sustainability work at Wilmar’s plantation business in Nigeria.
The role of the Sustainability Manager is to guide and monitor the implementation of Group Sustainability commitments across all plantations in Nigeria. This includes compliance to the RSPO P&C as well as the Wilmar NDPE policy. The Sustainability Manager will lead the Company’s communication on sustainability and work closely with colleagues across all departments to ensure that operations are undertaken in accordance with good practice.
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time relevant professional experience in natural resource management or agriculture and rural development, with significant experience in strategic leadership, program delivery, and community engagement.
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline, including environmental sciences, agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, development economics or related fields.
- Knowledge of and experience in community engagement related to natural resource management and sustainable agriculture in rural areas.
- Advanced and up to date knowledge on current issues in sustainable natural resource management
- Familiarity with commodity sustainability standards, in particular the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff and contributing to a leadership team in a matrixed organization; and collaborative spirit, with a strong commitment to teamwork with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Strong understanding of developing country context, with experience living and working in Nigeria a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, including adaptability to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products.
- Outstanding presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English
Wilmar offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to upload their cover letter describing their interest in this role and CV to email@example.com no later than the 28th of January, 2021.