Diamond Development Initiatives (DDI) is a not-for-profit organization that serves as the Technical Partner of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) in Nigeria. We are seeking an Off-grid Energy Intern for six months (March 2020 to August 2020). The intern will be based in our Abuja office but will frequently travel to various project locations across the country.
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Renewable Energy, Social Sciences, or another relevant field.
- At least 1 year of work experience including project management. Experience in a similar position is desirable.
- Excellent analytical, report writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience managing renewable energy projects.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
How to Apply
Applicants’ cover letters and resumes should be sent by email to email@example.com using Off-grid Energy Internship as subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is February 14, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the next steps.
- -The intern will provide support for planning and implementing program activities on time and achieve targets within program budget.
- -In collaboration with the Off-grid Energy Specialist, review grant applications, conduct needs assessments, gather data – including baseline information.
- -Analyse budgets and conduct market surveys on budget line items.
- -Liaise and collaborate with relevant stakeholders in government, private sector and communities to promote the successful deployment of off-grid energy solutions.
- -Review quarterly reports from grantees.
- -Conduct monitoring of program activities to validate the completion of milestones.
- -Administrative duties.
At least 1 year