- Manage environmental field investigative and compliance work and special studies.
- Assist in conducting environmental compliance investigations; collect, compile, analyze, summarize and communicate data and findings and develop and recommend courses of action.
- Respond to requests for information regarding specific environmental activities.
- Cooperate with and provide information to responsible enforcement agencies and other governmental agencies.
- Conduct meetings with internal and external agencies regarding program environmental issues.
- Assist in development, implementation and monitoring of the project environmental plan.
- Ensure the environmental program complies with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory agency requirements.
- Ensure that the project team is fully aware of the sustainability criteria which are applicable to the project, and will assist with the translation of the sustainability criteria into the design.
- Clarify the method of assessment of the sustainability criteria and monitor the measurement of the sustainability criteria.
- Review the design for compliance with the project’s required sustainability criteria, and will forward comments and suggestions to the A/E manager for further action.
- Perform a thorough review of the proposed environmental plan and will comment on the required amendments, in conjunction with the HSE Specialist and Environmental Specialist.
- Review tender documents to ensure the inclusion of the sustainability criteria prior to issuing to bidders.
- Knowledge of LEED and WELL requirements and procedures.
- Must have a degree Environmental Engineering or relevant discipline
- Must have a minimum of 15 years in all aspects of large scale building / civil project management, including a recommended two year experience in GCC countries or Middle East.
- Good command of English language with good writing skills.
- Knowledge of the UAE Environmental & International requirements is preferred
Note: This job description is intended to provide an indication of the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions to be carried out as part of fulfilling the role mentioned in the job title. Various other duties as required.